• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Contracted Players/Press Release Thread

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Left-arm spin maestro signs the dotted line

Highly rated spinner Dave Richards has agreed to the terms of a 5 year contract deal with CW Black.

DP Richards (CW Black - 5 years) [B - 4 points]

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Long Term Deal 'Excites' Richards

Former CW International Dave Richards today confirmed his new 5 year deal with Cricket Web's top side CW Black. Richards expressed a desire to see out his career at Black and add to their many trophies.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
One of the best inks a contract

Andrew Cloete, one of CW's greatest ever batsmen, has penned a 3 year deal with defending Dev League Champs CW Black. The big money deal is expected to carry him through to the end of the 14th season of Dev League.

AP Cloete (CW Black - 3 years) [A - 5 points]

Cloete

International Captain
Andrew Cloete, one of CW's greatest ever batsmen, has penned a 3 year deal with defending Dev League Champs CW Black. The big money deal is expected to carry him through to the end of the 14th season of Dev League.

AP Cloete (CW Black - 3 years) [A - 5 points]
Confirmed. Looking forward to (atleast) an awesome 3 seasons with Black.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Green are pleased to announce 2 more signings

R Malone - 5 years (B - 4 points)
J Rodgie - 5 years (C - 3 points)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Green are pleased to announce 2 more signings

R Malone - 5 years (B - 4 points)
J Rodgie - 5 years (C - 3 points)

confirmed to have been given the opportunity for my beloved greenies......looking forward to the future .

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Heck of a lot of long-term deals being signed here. Makes me wonder what'll happen when rookies get upgraded to Cs and Bs and there's no squad capacity to play with...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Heck of a lot of long-term deals being signed here. Makes me wonder what'll happen when rookies get upgraded to Cs and Bs and there's no squad capacity to play with...
that is a good point well then maybe a new side will be created or the board will maybe have to step in and shorten some players contracts to compensate.but i guess its early days for contracts so far.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I don't think there's enough players for another team.

I also don't think the board should step in and lessen the lengths of deals - otherwise what's the point in having contract lengths at all?

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't it be made a ranking system to prevent a flood of high-ranked players stinking up the salary caps? Or does that screw it up somehow?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Young paceman adds more firepower.

Kexing Su, CW-Land's self-proclaimed "n00b-crusher", has agreed to terms on a two year contract with CW Black.

Kexing Su (CW Black - 2 years) [D - 2 points]

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
The easy way to solve that is to revalue the salary cap based on the average rating points after each season.

(Note: This is me throwing out an idea, not confirming anything)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Colts announce big name signings

The Colts are pleased to announce the following players have signed on for long term deals with the Colts. All players who have signed with the club are long term players and have all developed well and form the nucleus of the team. Captain Kyle Wright said he was pleased that all the players had agreed to long term contracts and said, "I see this club being very successful in the near future and the signing of these players will ensure that happens sooner rather than later."

The first Colts contracts are:

Kyle Wright (Captain, 5 years, Level A contract)
Daniel Towns (Vice Captain, 5 years, Level B contract)
Tarrick Weber (5 years, Level C contract)
Greg Thomas (5 years, Level B contract)
Daniel Rai (1 year, Level C contract)

Majin

International Debutant
Looks good. Very happy to be staying at the Colts, personally, and looking to have this be a rolling yearly contract, so I can stay at the Colts but won't be tied into anything should the team feel the need to change things up.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Confirming my contract. Very happy to stay at the Colts for the long term (looking at staying for the rest of my career, probably). :)