• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super Eight

GGG

State Captain
Any one else watching it on Ary Digital just as pi&&ed of as me! They cut it half way during Vaas's over before Malinga got his hatrick and played a music video followed by a Pakistan soap opera! And the ICC are removing highlight videos from youtube, man I am fuming! I Paid 100 euro for their world cup cricket package and cr@p like this happens.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
With the way Malinga was bowling it was fairly obviously the ball would go fine off-side or leg-side as he was too fast for the tailenders to hit him particularly. Having only one slip was a pretty poor decision.

Beleg

International Regular
Murali, Jayasuria, Vaas and Malinga (at the end) all bowled extremely well. And SA still limped home.

This Lankan team is extremely dangerous - and if they can sort their fifth bowler out, very unbeatable.

Davey

School Boy/Girl Captain
bah i think we batted really stupidly that game, we couldve easily got a few more runs and given us a respectable total...

urgh bad day at the office today. it was a nailbiter finishes but you always had the feeling SA was going to win with such a low total...

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Congratulations jot1! :)
Thanks!:) But I honestly don't think we deserved this win. I'm just glad we did win for Charl Langeveldt's sake. He bowled his heart out.
Why didn't Kallis accept a runner so they could score faster while we were still able to get ball on bat and so run some fast 2's or even sneaky 1's, or am I wrong?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With only 2 unbeaten sides left, you'd have to think if NZ can beat the WI tomorrow they are almost dead-certs for the semi's, especially when you consider they then have Irelamd and bangladesh

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Well the only thing i am worried about at the moment is can the sri lankan batsman fire at crucial matches like this? The matches coming ahead against Australia, NZ and if they qualify for the semi-finals are all pressure situations and their batsman need to somehow handle the nerves, i am not really worried about their bowling since they defended modest total against the indians and below-par today, BUT their batsman are a bit of a worry.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well the only thing i am worried about at the moment is can the sri lankan batsman fire at crucial matches like this? The matches coming ahead against Australia, NZ and if they qualify for the semi-finals are all pressure situations and their batsman need to somehow handle the nerves, i am not really worried about their bowling since they defended modest total against the indians and below-par today, BUT their batsman are a bit of a worry.
I agree, The problem I see with SL is that although their Openers and Sangakkara are top notch, they strike me as a side that will really struggle if they lose early wickets. If SL were say 4-60 after 15 overs, you couldn't see them getting much more than 220-240 after 50 overs ( if they go well). If Aust or NZ were 4-60 after 15, they still have the middle to lower order to get to 260-280 from there.

FBU

International Debutant
Sixes
Will Australia reach 100 by the time they get to the finals? :huh:

39 - Australia
29 - South Africa
24 - New Zealand
22 - West Indies
16 - Sri Lanka
7 - England
7 - Bangladesh
6 - Ireland

Most sixes -
10 - Hayden
9 - Ponting
8 - Gibbs
7 - Jayasuriya, Clarke, Hodge
6 - Smith

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks!:) But I honestly don't think we deserved this win. I'm just glad we did win for Charl Langeveldt's sake. He bowled his heart out.
Why didn't Kallis accept a runner so they could score faster while we were still able to get ball on bat and so run some fast 2's or even sneaky 1's, or am I wrong?
For 95 overs South Africa were by far the dominated side, even Mahela and Lasith conceded that Sri Lanka never did enough to deserve victory. South Africa’s collapse takes the gloss of what was for 95 overs a relative stroll in the park in testing conditions.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
man...the aussies had to win...but the sa vs sri game was exciting...atleast sa is still #1 in the rankings and get the cash...

pup11

International Coach
Aussies had a pretty easy win,but i just can't believe how badly does this South African side chokes even when there was hardly any pressure. But historical stuff from Malinga 4 wickets in 4 consecutive balls was a tremendous effort just feel sorry for him that even after such a great performance by him the lankans had to be on the losing side.

But Sri Lanka never really got enough runs on the board but SA made heavy weather of it.

pup11

International Coach
Sri lankan batting ain't looking strong enough atm, there seems to be overdependence on Jayasuriya to fire for them for them to do well with the bat all the time.

Jayawardene is in shockingly poor form atm and even Sanga hasn't looked his usual self so far in this WC, they don't have any lower order hitters in their line-up which is another problem within their batting line-up.

They just have to get Attapatu back into the team somehow.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sri lankan batting ain't looking strong enough atm, there seems to be overdependence on Jayasuriya to fire for them for them to do well with the bat all the time.

Jayawardene is in shockingly poor form atm and even Sanga hasn't looked his usual self so far in this WC, they don't have any lower order hitters in their line-up which is another problem within their batting line-up.

They just have to get Attapatu back into the team somehow.
Only spot for Attapatu is at the expense of Jayawardene IMO.

TazzX

U19 12th Man
klipkop :|

SL was TOLD for more than 3/4 of the game and you think they deserve the win more :laugh: you crackpot :laugh:

:cool:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Only spot for Attapatu is at the expense of Jayawardene IMO.
Nope, Arnold may need to go ...despite his 50 ... he has never been a match winner ...he gets a 40 or 50 when there are others with him , but is incapable of building from thereon like today...when he should've stayed till the end to add the extra 20 runs -that may have made the difference ... he holes out... Atapattu adds stability at the top and allows Chamara Silva to come in at 6 to give some lower middle order impetus (which is lacking in the SL batting performances)...