• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 11 Discussion and Results

PY

International Coach
Black now have 6 bowlers with 10+ wickets with averages under 30.

Reds have Kennett. :p

Hats off to you Mr David, that is a barnstorming performance.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Camps, you're the worst **** ever. Go ahead and suspend me for that, too.
Because he's quite simply asking for it, Daniel Smith has been suspended for 2 games running across all levels of CW cricket. This means that he can't play Grade Cricket either. The suspension takes effect immediately.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Buddhmaster said:
He was just joking you ********.
Yes, and it was a baseless and needless joke that was hardly funny anyway. After some consideration, the ban has been imposed. I'd suggest that you be wary too that most people find such jokes more of an annoyance than humour.

It's not like he was the victim here. He asked for it.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
You singled out his failure in the recent match, publicly ridiculing him. I'm not saying he didn't overreact, but why would you bait him like that?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Robertinho said:
You singled out his failure in the recent match, publicly ridiculing him. I'm not saying he didn't overreact, but why would you bait him like that?
Quoted for posterity... due to the ridiculous nature of this insinutation.

Cloete

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
To be fair Liam I think Rob's right here. You joked around with Smith about his failure and he responded back. He mightn't have been joking but you mightn't have been either for all we know... I don't think he deserves time.

Anyway good to see him put his hand up for it anyway.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Some definate baiting from Camps, Smith has every right to respond as Camps did to post that in the first place.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Hoggy31 said:
Some definate baiting from Camps, Smith has every right to respond as Camps did to post that in the first place.
A response, certainly. But it's the nature of the response that got him suspended. Not merely that he responded.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I'm personally sick of the profane abuse directed at various people around here. Subtle remarks I'm generally okay with. Cheekiness? Whatever. But when it comes to just being outright disrespectful altogether, then I think it has no place in the Dev League.

Think of it this way - I can imagine a player in country cricket pointing out someone in the other team getting a duck and grinning about it and not getting punished. However if he were to call someone in the other team an insulting and generally profane term, he'd get punished. People questioning the action is just silly as far as I'm concerned.

PS. It wasn't Camps who brought this forward to have action taken against Smith, by the way. I was the one who brought it to the attention of the rest of the CW team captains & CWBCC because, as I said at the start of this post, I'm just tired of it. I'm sure it wasn't this bad in previous seasons, at least not that I remember. We've become lax.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
A response, certainly. But it's the nature of the response that got him suspended. Not merely that he responded.
Well, the nature of your post in the first place was to publically humiliate Smith. (Not against that in anyway tbh, but I know some are touchy about it)

Mr Mxyzptlk

A panel comprised of the CWBCC, the Dev League captains, the PA Rep and the Under-19 board will be assembled to investigate the suspension of Daniel Smith and the claims against Liam Camps jr.

Smith will serve his suspension, however, as he has already accepted it.

Yeah, it wasn't baiting Camps...

And to be fair I wasn't joking. Punishment is fair for that simple fact.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Why would you give him a hard time about it? You went scrawling through the scorecard just so you could point out that he was out for a duck, then you posted it with some mocking remark.

Nah look, sorry for offering my opinion Camps, because although I agreed with the ban (by conceding he'd overreacted), it's obvious that the suggestion that you might've done something to stir him up is ridiculous.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Loony BoB said:
Think of it this way - I can imagine a player in country cricket pointing out someone in the other team getting a duck and grinning about it and not getting punished. However if he were to call someone in the other team an insulting and generally profane term, he'd get punished. People questioning the action is just silly as far as I'm concerned.
I've no other issue other than the fact that Camps just isn't "someone from another team". He runs this thing. It'd be different if the head of the ECB made a public mockery of, say, Mark Chilton, for lack of a better example.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
A panel comprised of the CWBCC, the Dev League captains, the PA Rep and the Under-19 board will be assembled to investigate the suspension of Daniel Smith and the claims against Liam Camps jr.

Smith will serve his suspension, however, as he has already accepted it.
Let the public decide.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Loony BoB said:
I'm personally sick of the profane abuse directed at various people around here. Subtle remarks I'm generally okay with. Cheekiness? Whatever. But when it comes to just being outright disrespectful altogether, then I think it has no place in the Dev League.

PS. It wasn't Camps who brought this forward to have action taken against Smith, by the way. I was the one who brought it to the attention of the rest of the CW team captains & CWBCC because, as I said at the start of this post, I'm just tired of it. I'm sure it wasn't this bad in previous seasons, at least not that I remember. We've become lax.
Agree 100%.

Banter has always been a part of dev cricket and it has been enjoyable and kept people active which is always great. However, this season the banter has turned malicious to the extent where it is becoming insulting and like Daniel I'm sick of it!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Robertinho said:
Why would you give him a hard time about it? You went scrawling through the scorecard just so you could point out that he was out for a duck, then you posted it with some mocking remark.

Nah look, sorry for offering my opinion Camps, because although I agreed with the ban (by conceding he'd overreacted), it's obvious that the suggestion that you might've done something to stir him up is ridiculous.
Yes, definitely. Because that's why I read scorecards - to find things to make fun of Smith about. I'm certainly NOT a selector. And further to that, I definitely had to search for this one. Hmmm... if only scorecards were compact summaries of results which fit tidily onto one page. Then my baiting would be made so much easier.

:mellow: