• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Cricketweb Survivor

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ok people, I'm trying to experiment with something I have seen on another forum. It is called Cricket Web Survivor.

Basically, it will involve two tribes fighting it out to find the ultimate survivor during the Ashes series. It will involve certain challenges during each innings of the series. An innings being the 1st batting innnings of each team. The winning tribe from each innings will then have immunity and the other tribe will then vote on who they wish to be eliminated.

This will only be successful if we have enough people interested, and it must involve regular forum visiters for it to be successful. I would also like someone to help me with the running of the competition as I'll be at Splendour in the Grass during the majority of the first test, and I actually have never watched a series of Survivor so someone with that sought of knowledge would also be beneficial.

Please post your interest here and your email address and I will get back to you in due time.

You can catch me on msn: pennyless_student@hotmail.com anytime I'm on to discuss Cricketweb Survivor.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This actually looks really interesting. I'm up for it. Unfortunately, I can't volunteer to help run it.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Me in, player only. Just too busy with other things like the usual working abroad copout to help.

PY

International Coach
Yeah, I'm similar to everyone. If I knew what it was I'd probably be up for it. Though at the moment, I'm only around at weekends so reckon that rules me out of all of it.

PY

International Coach
Who can make the most consecutive posts (given a 5 minute bandwidth) in the Ashes thread? So if you can post every 5 minutes for the whole day, you are through and they all have to be relevant.

Could make for interesting reading. :D

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Basically it will involve the tribes tipping what will happen during each innings. For example it may be which keeper will take more catches in the first innings - Gilchrist or Jones. Each member of each tribe will tip who they think will take the most, and the team with the most responses correct will have immunity, the tribe with the least right will then email me (or whoever is helping) there votes on who they want out. For example the tribe may work together to get rid of one member if they think they are a poor tipper, or they may just not like them, everyone will play the game differently. If both tribes have the same amount of tips then we'll work something out, we've got at least 2 weeks until the first test.

As the series goes on the challenges will get harder, and so on.

I hope that makes it just a little more clearer.

Vic if you could email me or catch me on MSN tonight. I'll be offline for 2 hours because of the new 24 season, but should be on for most of the night.

If there are any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Dydl

International Debutant
I'm in....

I just hope I can be on when it's on....I might not be around all days of the week for lengthly periods of time, but.....count me in..