• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super Eight

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
KP illustrates why his position in the official rankings is indeed bull****.
Which, funnily enough, is exactly where England are in danger of finding themselves.
He scores more than Ponting and faster than Ponting in general. End of story.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Which, funnily enough, is exactly where England are in danger of finding themselves.
Kp, who averages 57 from 54 matches, complete bull**** my arse, he's class, one failure does not change that.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Total nonsense. How can someone who averages 57 and strikes at 86< have no justification for being number 1?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Total nonsense. How can someone who averages 57 and strikes at 86< have no justification for being number 1?
OK, I'm not saying he shouldn't be very near the top indeed. But he does regularly decide to give catching practice in a way that you couldn't see Ponting doing in a month of Sundays. Who would you rather have batting for your life - KP or Ponting?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
OK, I'm not saying he shouldn't be very near the top indeed. But he does regularly decide to give catching practice in a way that you couldn't see Ponting doing in a month of Sundays. Who would you rather have batting for your life - KP or Ponting?
I have no problem saying that Ponting is a far, far superior player than Pietersen. But it's stupid comparing them to eachother, because they clearly are totally different people, and one being a good 6/7 years older than the other.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The English players have gone into a stupid defensive mindset here.. Sheeks! Play balls on merit rather than defending every thing.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's not really about how they get their runs or how they get out, it's about the end result.

Swervy

International Captain
the problem is, no England fan complains when KP is murdering the ball through mid wicket for 4. Quite often a players strength is a weakness as well.

Ponting is hot at the moment, but it wasnt that long ago since he had a pretty poor stretch in ODIs.

Batting for my life..Ponting of course:)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Pratyush we went into that mindset at the start of the 90s!
Haha. At least Flintoff tried to break the shackles with that shot. If you keep defending, you let spinners get their rhythm right and you can make a lot more mistakes not playing naturally. /rant over.